About Me

My name is Sierra Webster and I’m a full-time student attending the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. I chose the major sociology and anthropology because I love the study of social life and learning of cultures from societies unlike my own. It helps me to understand the causes and consequences of human action; why people choose to do what they do. It also helps me to understand how the environment has changed throughout the world and over time. It helps me to understand that everyday life is a combination of stable systems, patterns, values, and beliefs as well as social change around the world.

Sierra Webster

My name is Clarabelle Valcin. I am a Dual Major in Psychology and Health & Society at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. I  have an interest in clean energy and greenhouse gas emissions in the city of Atlanta, Georgia due to the majority African American population. As equity goes I would like to see an equitable reduction of greenhouse gas emissions for ALL citizens of Atlanta as well as an ability to afford clean energy use within households. I have an interest in “sacrifice zones” and how a more focused method will help alleviate the distress within these zones.

Clarabelle Valcin